Licensed Massage Practitioner
Medical massage must be medically necessary and directed towards benefiting conditions diagnosed by a medical professional who prescribes massage treatment, and that is covered by your health insurance plan. Massage treatment requires a Prescription Referral with the diagnosis code and treatment plan that includes the number and frequency of the sessions.
Prescription Referrals Are Accepted By Insurance Companies From The Following
|MD –||Doctor of Medicine|
|DPM –||Doctor of Podiatric Medicine|
|ND –||Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine|
|DC –||Doctor of Chiropractic|
|PAC –||Physician Assistant Certified|
|ARNP –||Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner|
What You Need To Do Prior To Massage Treatment
- Verify that we are a Preferred Provider with your insurance plan by referring to the Preferred Provider section on our website. If we are not a preferred provider with your insurance, you may be able to see us “out-of-network” by paying at the time of service and then submitting your receipts with an ICD-9 form directly to your insurance company for reimbursement. Call the Customer Service number on the back of your card to verify if this is an option for you.
- Verify that your health insurance plan covers massage, how many treatments are available to you in a year, and your co-pay amount. Your co-pay will be due upon completion of your sessions and your insurance company billed for the balance.
- Print out our Prescription Referral Form, fill out your portion of the form and give to your doctor to fill out the prescription portion. Bring the completed form with you on your first visit.
- Make an appointment: (509) 325-4874
- Fill out the Medical Massage First Time Visit Form and bring with you on your first appointment.
Please Note: Remember to bring your Health Insurance Card.